WHY CHOOSE CTCA?
-Small Class Sizes
-Apologetics starting in 3rd grade
-Partnerships with reputable organizations for accountability
OUR PARTNERS IN EDUCATION:
Our K-6th graders are taught using a variety of curriculum sources including Sing Spell Read and Write, BJU, Abeka, Summit Ministries, and Apologia. We purpose to teach each subject from a Christian worldview so that God’s Truth is woven through each lesson. We also have a website that was created especially for our students. It offers resources for math, ASL, and Spanish. You can visit it here at FEARLESS LIONS WEBPAGE .
“Schools that teach character education report higher academic performance, improved attendance, reduced violence, fewer disciplinary issues, reduction in substance abuse, and less vandalism. At a time when parents and teachers are concerned about school violence, it is worth noting that students who attend character education schools report feeling safer because they know their fellow students value respect, responsibility, compassion and hard work.” – T.G.S.
CTCA teaches from the Institute in Basic Life Principles’ book, The Power of True Success: How to Build Character in Your Life-
CTCA takes pride in our school and believes that uniforms help students focus on their academics rather than on clothing competition. It also eliminates immodest or inappropriate fashions and helps reduce peer pressure. Students are required to purchase a school polo shirt and may wear solid grey, black, navy, or khaki slacks, shorts or skirts that are properly fitted; leggings and baggy, frayed, or ragged pants are not permitted. Spirit shirts and jeans may be worn every Friday. More information on dress code policies can be found in our Handbook.
CT Christian Academy is partnered with local businesses to bring the FUN to OUR SCHOOL! Any parent interested in enrolling their child in a specific after-school program must contact the company directly and let them know your child attends CT Christian Academy and that you are interested in their enrichment program. Programs are subject to change but may include:
Harmony Music School
Martial Arts / Self-defense
grapplingzone.com After-school program w/ financial help available.
- How does CTCA work with students who need an Academic Intervention?
- Although we enroll students identified as needing Individualized Education Program (IEP) services, CTCA does not assess or update service plans. We customize curriculum, assignments, and academic standards for families that seek adaptations. Our goal is to remove labels so that children can focus on who God has created them to be, rather than on what the world has labeled them as.
- Should CTCA lack the facilities and/or staffing to meet the needs of a student with learning challenges in the fullest possible way, then CTCA reserves the right to decline enrollment. Contact Administration for more information.
- How is the CTCA curriculum different from other schools?
- At CTCA, all courses offered are presented through a biblical worldview lens. One advantage we have over public or charter schools is that we can teach the subject matter of the curriculum, rather than teaching to state-mandated tests. With our small class sizes and highly motivated teachers, we are able to enhance the curriculum and move further and faster than most programs. The Christian aspect of our curriculum ensures that we are educating the whole child. Because we are not bound to regulations set forth by the TEA, as all Public and Charter schools in Texas are, we are free to teach a Bible-based curriculum in every subject and still meet the learning objectives for each grade level.
- Are Chapel and Bible Required?
- Yes. Chapel is a special time when teachers and students join in prayer and a time of worship. All students have a Bible class and study major Bible stories and characters, with a focus on Jesus and His life and teachings.
- What testing will my child take each year?
- The answer to this question is dependent on the desires of the parents. We do not administer mandatory end-of-year testing, however, we do offer standarized testing for parents who would like their child to be tested. The cost and schedule for this are determined in January and shared with parents at that time. Testing typically happens the second week in May.
- Does CTCA offer before and after school care?
- CTCA opens at 8:00am and all students should be picked up no later than 3:15pm. For our families needing early morning and after school care, we are partnered with Little People’s Early Learning Center which is on-site. You may call to register your child for free at (713) 941-1733 or pick up a registration packet from our school office. Their hours are 6:00am – 6:30pm.
- What Enrichment Programs are offered?
- CTCA has partnered with local businesses to bring extra-curricular activities straight to our campus. Programs are subject to change each semester and depend on enrollment. Prices vary and will be paid directly to the business. Contact the school office for more information.
- Transferring to another school
- Guidelines for unenrollment are outlined in the student handbook. Transfers are simple and we are happy to help with the process.